- Availability Occasionally we will temporarily run out of stock of an item due to high demand. If this is ever the case for an item you ordered, we will send you an out-of-stock e-mail within 24 business hours. If you have a time-constraint on your order please respond to the e-mail and our Customer Service team will work on a solution for you! We can also check stock on the items you're purchasing before your order is placed to ensure availability.
- Canceling/Modifying an Order Please contact us immediately if you would like to cancel a shipping order! If an order is already processing in our warehouse and being packed to ship, we cannot guarantee that the order can be canceled. In order to maintain accuracy and efficiency in our order process, we are unable to alter any orders after they have been placed. If you would like to add to or modify your order in any way, please contact a Customer Solutions Specialist to cancel the order so you can reorder exactly what you need!
- Pickup Orders **Members Only If you opt to pick your order up at one of our locations, simply choose the date and time, and your items will be waiting for you upon your arrival. Please note that if all or part of an order is not in stock at your desired location, there could be a short delay while the items are transferred from one of our warehouses. For additional information, please call customer service at 717-392-7261 Monday through Friday, from 7:30 AM to 5:00 pm EST.
- Email Communication In order to provide our customers with the most up to date information regarding products and orders, our primary form of communication is via email. All order updates will be sent to the email address used when the order was placed. For this reason, please be sure to use a valid email address when placing your order. If you have questions that need to be directed to our Customer Solutions team, you are welcome to contact us via email, chat or phone.
- Online Security Please note to ensure our customers' safety online, all orders go through security checks before we start processing them. Keep this in mind while ordering, as there may be a slight delay between when you place the order and when we start processing it. For a small percentage of orders, we may request additional information via email to help ensure the order's validity.
If you want to modify a pick-up order before it is picked up you may do so. If you chose the option to pay in store as your payment method, you can add or remove items from your order. If you paid online, you may only remove items. If you wish to add items to a prepaid order, please contact a Customer Solutions Specialist to cancel the order so you can reorder exactly what you need!
- Charges and Authorizations Charges are only billed to your credit card once your items ship from our warehouse. When you place an order on our site, an authorization is placed on your funds in the amount of your order. An authorization is a communication from your bank to our payment system letting us know your card is valid and the required funds are available. On your bank statement these authorizations may show as 'pending', but please keep in mind they are not charges. They are only authorization requests and will only result in a charge when your items ship.
- Check Payments We accept check payments for orders totaling over $100 (excluding shipping). Please note: once we receive the check there will be a 10 business day waiting period prior to processing your order as your check clears. To expedite the waiting period, you may send a certified check or money order for payment. We can begin processing your order as soon as a certified check or money order is received. If you are interested in paying by check or money order, all you need to do is continue through the checkout process and select the check payment option. This will give you our mailing address to send the funds for the order and also get the order placed. Please note the order will be on hold until funds are received.
- Credit Card (Preferred Method) For the fastest service, we recommend placing your order online via credit card payment. Before completing your order, you have the option to pay via a credit card or PayPal. We accept all major credit cards including MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
- Pay In Store If you are picking up your order in one of our store locations, you may opt to pay for your order when it is picked up. You can pay in cash, check, credit card or gift card. Shipped items do not qualify for the Pay in Store option.
- Prepaid Credit Cards Most prepaid credits are accepted. Please note that all credit card companies have differing policies for how long authorizations are held. Please contact your credit card company with any questions.
- Purchase Orders Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Purchase Orders. All orders must be placed online and paid for in full at the time of purchase.
- Membership Auto Renewal When you purchase a The Restaurant Store Membership, you will be automatically enrolled in Auto Renew. You can unenroll from Auto Renew at any time in My Account.
Please note that credit card companies may differ in how long authorizations are held.
There will be a $35 service charge for returned checks.
- Definitions Service
- Children's Privacy Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
- Disclosure of Data Disclosure for Law Enforcement
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Restaurant Store, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- Information Collection & Use We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To send personal data to third-party service providers for payments, fraud prevention and shipping
- Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
- Registration At The Restaurant Store, we strongly encourage you to register with us during the checkout process. Registration is not mandatory to complete checkout, but by registering you receive the following benefits:
- Access special sections of the site, such as the My Account section, where you can track current orders, view old ones, and update your billing and shipping information.
- Reorder quickly by browsing through the items you've purchased in the past with our Quick Pick feature
- Submit product reviews under the "Review items I've purchased" section of your account.
- When contacting Customer Support regarding your order, we can quickly and easily see all past orders for registered users.
- Security At The Restaurant Store, we make ensuring your security while shopping on our site a top priority! To do this we employ the best security available on the net for transmitting your personal information: SSL. SSL safeguards your information and guarantees your privacy while ordering through our site. You can see SSL is being employed by the lock icon at the bottom of your screen and the 'https' in the address bar, as opposed to the 'http' that is normally there.
- Sharing Information We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- Updating User Information Registered customers can update their user information at any time by logging in and accessing the My Account section of our site.
Service is the website operated by The Restaurant Store, Inc. that can be found at: "https://www.therestaurantstore.com"
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from this data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided use with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
To find out how to enable your cookies, click on the link below that corresponds with your browser type and follow the instructions!
Under certain circumstances, The Restaurant Store, Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Restaurant Store, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
The Restaurant Store, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
All of the information we receive from you in the registration process is transmitted over a secure server and kept in a secure location. You can only access your information after logging in with the unique e-mail and password combination you created during registration.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads settings page.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On for your web browser.
Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
Yahoo Dot Tags
For more information on Yahoo Dot Tags, visit Yahoo's site.
For more information on Facebook Ads Pixel, visit Facebook's Business Page.
For more information on Microsoft Bing Ads, visit Bing Ads Help.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
PayPal / Braintree
- Color Policy Our Images Department makes every effort to portray the color of an item as accurately as possible on our site. However, the color of an item may appear differently according to the settings on your monitor. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the color displayed on your monitor.
- Image Policy We strive to provide the most accurate images of our products as possible. However, despite our best efforts, some product images prove difficult or impossible to obtain. In these cases, we will use the closest representative image we can find for the product. These representative, illustrative images may show optional accessories or features, or may be an image of a similar product.
- Warranty Policy If a warranty is available for an item, the details of the warranty can be found listed in the item description, or as a downloadable link on the item's page. All warranties are handled based on the manufacturer's warranty policy. Since manufacturers' warranty policies vary, please contact a Customer Solutions Specialist to verify warranty info before placing your order.
- Sales and Coupon Code Policy Because we are a bulk distributor for food service supplies, we make sure to advertise our lowest prices on our website, including discounts we receive from our vendors that are passed onto our customers. On occasion we will provide sales and coupon codes to receive further discounts. To ensure the discount is received for sales, items should be purchased as soon as possible. Coupon codes for items on our site will have an expiration date associated with them. Coupons and discounts will only be honored on orders that are placed while the coupon/discount is valid.
- Equipment Parts Compatible Models are listed as applicable and kept as accurate and up-to-date as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact a Customer Solutions Specialist before placing your order.
- Pricing Policy Prices are subject to change without notice. Item pricing is confirmed at the time you place your order. In the event of an item pricing error, The Restaurant Store may cancel any orders placed for that item. We will notify you immediately if your order is canceled.
- Proposition 65 Notice If you are reselling any items into the State of California you must provide your customers with an appropriate Proposition 65 warning if required. You can find a warning for your use on the product detail pages of items that require a warning. More information about Proposition 65 is available at www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Therefore, we recommend that you carefully read the product description and other related product literature such as Specification Sheets, MSDS Sheets, etc., before placing your order. If you have any questions or concerns about a product even after reading the description and product literature, please contact us.
We are not responsible for any typographical errors that may occur.
Pricing that is advertised on sources outside of our website may reflect incorrect prices compared to what we currently offer. The prices on our website are regularly updated to ensure accurate, real-time pricing; however, search engines and coupon code websites may not always provide the most up-to-date prices. Please visit our website to view the current pricing of our items. Prices and coupon codes that are not valid will not be honored at checkout.
Equivalent Items and any associated illustrations or descriptions are presented for your reference. These are items which, based on available manufacturer information, are suitable replacements for the stated original item. These replacement, equivalent items are not necessarily authorized, sponsored, or endorsed by the manufacturer of the stated item, or by the manufacturers of equipment compatible with the stated item; any OEM names mentioned are registered trademarks.
- Returns for Shipped Orders Consumable returns are not accepted. Why? We do this to maintain good use-by dates in our inventory. Our goal is to deliver high quality products that provide optimal customer satisfaction. By not accepting consumable products returns, we can ensure the product you order is good-to-use, untampered with, and has adequate shelf life.
- Returns for In-Store Orders
- All pick-up commercial refrigeration and cooking equipment sales are final
- All returns must be accompanied by original receipt and in original packaging
- Returns must be made within 30 days of receipt date
- Special orders are subject to manufacturer return policy, see store associate for additional details
- No credit will be given for damaged/used merchandise, partial case returns or food products
- Store credit will be given for same day exchanges, all other refunds will be done in the original form of payment, if cash refund is over $150 a check will be mailed
All non-consumable, regularly stocked items may be returned to us if the item has not been used and can be put back in the original packaging. In order for returns to be accepted, your items must be returned within 30 days from receipt of your order. Please contact a Customer Solutions Specialist before returning an item back to us! We will create a return authorization for you and send you an e-mail with instructions on how to complete the return. Upon receipt and inspection of returned product(s), your credit card will be credited for the amount paid for the item(s) minus the 20% restocking fee.
To return Special Order items and items shipped direct from the manufacturer, please contact a Customer Solutions Specialist to request a return with the manufacturer. Items must be unused and in the original packaging that was received. Since manufacturer return policies and restocking fees vary, please contact us as soon as possible so a return request can be submitted. Although we attempt to receive a return authorization for all items, please note that some items on our website are made-to-order and are not able to be returned.
The return shipping fee for a standard return is the responsibility of the customer submitting the request. These fees may be applied after the return has been completed.
Why do we charge restocking fees? Because we want to continue to keep prices as low as possible for you! When an item is returned, there are additional costs associated with processing the return. Companies that do not charge restocking fees pass the costs of their Returns Department onto their customers through higher priced items. Instead of raising our prices and charging every customer for frivolous returns costs, we only charge a restocking fee for items that are a standard return.
- Damaged/Missing Items - Common Carrier If any item or packaging is damaged or missing, or if you have any doubt about possible damage, you MUST do the following:
- Note it clearly on the proof of delivery before signing
- Keep your copy of the Proof of Delivery
- Contact us within 1 business day
- Keep the damaged packing materials for inspection
- Take pictures of the damaged items and packaging
- Damaged/Missing Items - Ground Great care is taken when packing your order, but on rare occasions damage may occur or an item may have been missed. If any part of your order is missing or damaged, please contact us within 5 business days of receiving your order so we can find a solution for you! Pictures of damage may be requested to help with the process.
- Delivery Appointments Select this FREE service option with your common carrier order at checkout, and the carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment, typically within a 4 hour window. Remember, for residential addresses, a delivery appointment is required.
- Delivery Time We're dedicated to getting your order to you as fast as possible, so our warehouse strives to have orders processed and ready to ship within 1-2 business days (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., EST). Most products ship out of our Pennsylvania warehouse. However, some items will be shipped directly from the manufacturer, in which case the delivery times may vary. Common carrier deliveries range from 1 to 10 days for delivery, depending on your proximity to the shipping origin. FedEx ground shipping can take anywhere from one to seven days. All delivery times are estimates.
- Destinations We will ship to anywhere in the United States. We are unable to ship to PO or APO/FPO boxes. If a shipping carrier deems your address inaccessible for delivery, they will make final delivery at the closest shipping terminal or return the shipment to us. If you are concerned about delivery to your address, please contact us before placing your order!
- Equipment Installation Checklist To be sure everything goes smoothly when it comes to installing your new equipment, please consult our handy equipment installation checklist at the following link prior to finalizing your order: Equipment Installation Checklist
- Errors in Shipment Great care is taken when packing your order, but on rare occasions errors may occur. If there is an error with any part of your shipment, please contact us within 5 business days of receiving your order so we can find a solution for you!
- Methods & Charges The Restaurant Store ships the majority of its products via FedEx/UPS, however, for certain large and heavy items, a common carrier freight service is used. Common carrier items are noted in your shopping cart.
- Special Order Items In order to maximize the products we're able to offer to you, some items on our website are not normally stocked in our warehouses. These items may be shipped directly to you from the manufacturer, or brought into our warehouse with our next stock order from the manufacturer and then shipped to you. These items are marked "Special Order" underneath the price on the item's page.
- Liftgates on Common Carrier Shipments A liftgate is a motorized platform attached to the back of the truck that will physically lower your order to the ground so that you can take it inside your business or home. The truck driver will place your order on the ground using the liftgate and you are responsible for bringing it inside.
- Split Shipments While we do try to consolidate shipments as much as possible, we cannot guarantee every item will ship together due to where items are sourced from. If multiple shipments of your order are required, the full amount of the shipping costs will be charged in the first shipment. If you want part of your order sent expedited and the other part sent using standard Ground, please place two separate orders.
- Lost Shipments While we put our best effort into making sure your items arrive on time, there are rare occasions where our carriers will lose a shipment. In these situations, it's our highest priority to find your items and will work with the carrier to do so. For ground shipments, a trace will be started with the carrier that is delivering your shipment. If there is no movement on the tracking, the terminals that your package went through will be checked. If your shipment is delivered but you do not have the package, the driver that delivered the package will be asked to confirm where it was delivered to.
- Packaging Packaging that is used during shipment is designed to keep the contents of your order safe from damage or mishandling of products. On occasion a shipment will be received with damage to the packaging. Because the packaging is designed to protect the products that we ship, compensation will not be offered for packaging damage. If the actual items in your shipment are damaged, please contact us right away so we can arrange for compensation or replacement. Occasionally we will ship items in recycled boxes which may contain descriptions unrelated to the products inside in an effort to be more eco-friendly. This practice also allows us to cut costs on packaging which then is reflected into lower prices on our items. Be sure to inspect the actual items inside of the packaging before refusing a shipment due to incorrect information on the boxes.
- Refrigerated and Frozen Foods Shipping In order to control the amount of time in transit for these perishable items, they are only shipped on select days of the week based on which shipping method you choose.
Our warehouse gives great attention to packaging every order for shipment. Unfortunately damage does occur occasionally during transit and we must go to the carrier company to receive reimbursement for these damages. By signing the delivery receipt you are taking responsibility and ownership for the shipment in the condition noted. If part or all of your shipment is damaged and you did not note this in any way on the delivery receipt, we CANNOT guarantee any compensation for damages. By signing your name on the delivery receipt without noting any damages, you are stating that you have received your shipment in acceptable condition. Please contact us within one business day of receiving your order so we can find a solution for you.
We do suggest a delivery appointment for our commercial customers if there is any doubt of an authorized recipient being available to receive your order, or if your business hours do not fall within Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM (the general timeframe that carrier deliveries occur). If no one is available to sign for the delivery when the driver attempts, there will be additional charges for redelivery to your location. In the event that we are unable to collect the redelivery fees before carrier storage fees are applied, the items will be returned to the shipping location. The returning freight will be processed as a standard return, which includes a restocking fee and return shipping taken from your credit.
Additionally, please keep in mind that if you require a time-specific delivery appointment in which the typical 4 hour window needs to be shortened, additional fees will apply. Be sure to provide a valid phone number during checkout so that your call before delivery does not delay your shipment.
For additional shipping charges, FedEx 2nd Day guarantees delivery of your order by the end of the second business day from when the order was picked up from our warehouse by FedEx. FedEx Next Day guarantees delivery of your order by the end of the next business day after your order was picked up from our warehouse by FedEx. Expedited shipping is not an option for common carrier shipments.
FedEx 2nd Day & Next Day orders received after 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be processed on the following business day.
Click to view the FedEx ground delivery estimated days-in-transit map
Shipping charges for common carrier and FedEx/UPS items are calculated by factoring in the weight, dimensions, and shipping distance. Our shipping calculator is linked live with FedEx/UPS so we charge their list rates to ship the items to your location.
The Restaurant Store strives to offer you the best price that we can. Some online retailers may offer "free" shipping but upon closer scrutiny, most customers find that our price is still one of the best out there even when shipping charges are added in! Some of our items do ship for free, and are denoted as such on our site. In this case, we're simply passing along savings from the manufacturer to you!
The vast majority of our products can be shipped via FedEx/UPS to a residential address. Bear in mind that FedEx/UPS charges more to ship to a residential address versus a commercial address. This difference is usually several dollars, but varies by region, and will be reflected in your shipping charges.
Please note - we are not always able to cancel special order items once the order is placed. Special order items are not available for in store pick-up.
If you do not have a loading dock or forklift to unload your items from the truck, you will need a liftgate and must select this option at checkout. The charge for the liftgate is $45 but additional fees will apply if a liftgate is added after checkout.
Some items like large outdoor ice merchandisers or very long pizza prep tables may be too large or heavy for a lift gate and will require a truck-level loading dock. If you do not have one, or if you are unsure, contact our Customer Solutions Team!
For common carrier shipments that are lost in transit, our Traffic team will begin a dock check with the carrier company and the terminals that the shipment was moved through will be checked for the lost product.
Traces with FedEx and dock checks with the carrier will take approximately 3-5 business days to complete. We make it our priority to keep you updated as to the status of the trace or dock check while it is completed. If your shipment is found, we will continue the delivery to your location. If it is deemed lost, we will work with you to provide a satisfactory resolution.
Ground: Orders ship Monday through Wednesday with most orders placed before 2 p.m. EST on Wednesdays being fulfilled that same day.
Second Day: Orders ship Monday through Wednesday. Orders placed before 2 p.m. EST on Wednesdays will ship the same day.
Next Day: Orders ship Monday through Thursday. Orders placed before 2 p.m. EST on Thursday will ship the same day.
Orders placed after the cutoff will ship the following Monday.
Outlet Items Policy
- Outlet Items Policy Each product in The Restaurant Store Outlet is tested by an experienced technician prior to shipping and is guaranteed to work perfectly upon arrival, so please note that all items are sold as is, and all sales are final. Consequently, we recommend that you carefully read the product description, damage / use description, and other related product literature such as Specification Sheets, product manuals, and more before placing your order. Also, no Outlet product has a warranty unless otherwise specified. If you have any questions or concerns about a product even after reading the description and product literature, please contact us.
Given the used nature of Outlet products, please inspect each item carefully upon its arrival at your place of business. If you observe any damage not detailed in the description on this website that may have been caused during shipping. If the item is damaged, do not sign for the delivery and contact us ASAP.
Because Outlet items sell quickly on a first-come, first-serve basis, simply placing the item in your shopping cart for checkout at a later time does not guarantee a "hold" on the item for you.